As your trusted partner for data center services, Cloud South continues to monitor the developments related to the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. Our team operates with the goals of ensuring the safety of our stakeholders, the availability of our services, and compliance with public health and other government authority guidance.
We incorporate response procedures into our business continuity planning and incident response policy that enable us to respond quickly to such a dynamic scenario with due care for our employees, clients, vendors, and partners alike. Since our last communication on this topic, please make note of the following information:
- We consider Cloud South to be an essential business due to our support of clients in industries including, but not limited to: healthcare, financial services, public utilities and other critical infrastructure.
- We have mandated that except for essential personnel required to staff and operate the data centers, all Cloud South employees should perform their duties remotely.
- Communications have been distributed to all Cloud South employees reminding them to use social distancing, avoid in person meetings, discourage any non-essential visitors to our data centers and practice enhanced personal hygiene.
- We have mandated that any person who has symptoms of sickness or is known to have come in contact with someone who is presumed to be sick or tested positive for COVID-19 not visit an Cloud South data center.
Cloud South offers a variety of data center services that are delivered and supported remotely. For those who subscribe to physical colocation at one of our many data center locations, our team may already complete basic remote hands activities for you. We urge you to accept our assistance to eliminate your need to visit Cloud South data centers, in accordance with recommended social distancing practices. Although our facilities continue to be open to you at this time, we may be compelled to reduce or eliminate visitor access to protect our team and ensure continuity of operations for all clients. The facilities themselves remain in full production, and all telecommunications, power and environmental conditioning redundancies are fully functional and being maintained with heightened sensitivity.
Effective on Saturday March 21, 2020, at 12:00 a.m. Eastern, if you find it necessary to visit a Cloud South data center, you must have previously scheduled appointment (please call our office to schedule an appointment – 877-336-7747) for yourself and/or any other visitor who you wish to authorize. We regret that unscheduled visitors cannot be accommodated until further notice.
By scheduling a visit, visitors, or their authorized administrators will effectively acknowledge that:
- No persons will visit Cloud South data centers with cold or flu symptoms
- All non-Cloud South employees will limit contact and practice social distancing (6 feet separation of personal space) with Cloud South employees and any other persons when visiting Cloud South data centers
- All visitors to Cloud South facilities will practice sanitization of workspace and must use liquid soap and disposable towels available in Cloud South restrooms and client convenience areas at least upon arrival, as well as before departure
Cloud South will continue to monitor the status of this rapidly evolving public health concern through the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and other government authorities relevant to each of our locations. If it becomes necessary to adjust business processes as a result of a broader public health response, Cloud South will notify you and take appropriate action to minimize potential impact.
Thank you for your attention to this important information. We’re committed to ensuring that our services remain continuously available to you so we can be resilient, together. You can expect future updates from us on this topic, but if you have questions for our team in the meantime, call our Support Center at 1-877-336-7747.
Chief Executive Officer